Monday, September 20, 2010

Green + Brown



Two of the basic colors of my days recently are brown/black and green...that's right, I'm planting a garden- I tried one last year, but didn't really give it the attention it needed and turned a blind eye to the dogs, who so love to run through the fresh soil.

This year is different- I planted the seeds in a make-shift greenhouse environment, watching them grow like weeds, and have been slowly transferring them to the ground as they get strong enough in the "greenhouse". I have watered the soil, enriched it with compost material, turned it, and watered it some more. Hopefully this year will be a fruitful garden...thus far I have planted radishes, cucumbers, green beans, squash mix, and chard- in the greenhouse it looks like the spinach and carrots are ready to go in the ground tonight. I've been planting in the evening because I think that the cool nights are easier for the roots that the hot days of summer that won't let go...


the best part of gardening...in the fall, at least...

No comments:

Post a Comment